VS Project Renamer
Released VSPR version 1.1.303 on Wednesday, 3rd Octobre 2012
Made the application UAC aware. On startup it will require administrator rights. This is because the application needs to write to its installation folder to save the settings. Also added support to rename
C++ project types. If you have problems loading designer files like forms after renaming a project, please delete the .suo file in the root folder.
If you find any bugs, please report them to n.kosmalATgmx.de. Also make sure you backup your project / solution before using the renamer.
Released VSPR version 1.1.302 on Friday, 4th May 2012
Please check release notes for changed stuff. One thing to note, which only just got up after I have updated myself. The application is trying to write / read from the settings.xml file
in the ../programm files(x86)/VisualStudioProjectRenamer folder but I didnt make the application UAC aware (simply didnt think of it). Without granting the application adminstrator rights, it wont be able to load / save to the settings.xml. If you want to persist your settings, run the application as adminstrator. I will change this in the next release and will place the settings.xml file to some place the application can read from / write to.
Released VSPR version 1.1.301 on Monday, 2nd april 2012
- Implemented rollback. Now a rollback is beeing attempt, if an error occurs during the renaming process. This is true for both, standard renaming as well as renaming a project, which is under version control. This should add another layer of safety on failure.
- Added a readme.txt, which describes the recommended approach when renaming a project.
- Reworked the gui. Removed all header controls. Forms are now fixed tool windows.
Released VSPR version 1.1.300 on Friday, 23th march 2012
- Fixed messed up project versions through out the project.
- Added a not supported message in case a project which is not supported is going to be renamed.
- Important, the update function wont work for a few days in version 1.1.300 because i changed the structure of the app cast.
So updating from version 1.1.188 to 1.1.300 should work with the updater, but the updater in version 1.1.300 wont work. It will work once
I change the app cast on the server to the new version. This will probably happen on sunday. This will give people the chance to update to the latest version without problems. So dont panic and
ignore exceptions while try to check for an update in version 1.1.300.
Released VSPR version 1.1.188 on Friday, 13th march 2012
Added an auto update function.
Please uninstall your current version manually via control panel / programs and features.
From the list choose VSPRRenamer and uninstall it. Otherwise you may have problems starting the
For the download please go here.
Released VSPR version 1.0.160 on Monday, 27th february 2012
VSPR is now able to rename VB projects.
Supported project types for now are CSharp and VB projects.
Released VSPR version 1.0.158 on Wednesday, 15th february 2012
Added a new settings dialog:
Look of the main form:
Mainform in english language and different layout:
- Save the settings into xml file and load it on start up
- Remember settings in the settings form
- Add Git support
- Add TFS support
- Add HG / Mercurial support
- Refactor the way references to the old project name are replaced
- Support renaming of projects, that are not physically located in the same folder as the solution file
- Add more languages
- Implement autoupdate
- Implement rollback on error
Check the download page for the download.